The Immortality Institute (sometimes abbreviated "ImmInst") is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization with the mission "to conquer the blight of involuntary death." The organization hosts an online forum, publishes books , creates films, and sponsors conferences in order to advance life extension research. It is supported by donations and the membership fees it charges, monthly, annually, or through a lifetime membership. It encourages gathering together all information, fields of research, individuals, and organisations that could contribute towards enabling people to avoid death, both in the short and long term. Scientists are on the Board of Directors they also act as forum navigators.
- Alcor Life Extension Foundation
- American Cryonics Society
- Aubrey de Grey
- Ben Best
- Caloric restriction
- Charles Platt (science-fiction author)
- Cryonics Institute
- Immortalist Society
- Life expectancy
- Life extension (anti-aging redirects here)
- Robert Ettinger
- Senescence (aging)
- ↑ "The Scientific Conquest of Death: Essays on Infinite Lifespans". Immortality Institute (2002-2007).
- ↑ The Scientific Conquest of Death. http://www.librosenred.com. October 14, 2004. ISBN 9875611352.
Further reading Edit
- Bova, Ben. 2000. Immortality: How Science Is Extending Your Life Span-and Changing the World. New York: Avon. ISBN 0-380-79318-0
- Perry, R. Michael. 2000. Forever For All: Moral philosophy, Cryonics, and the Scientific Prospects for Immortality. New York: Universal Publishers. ISBN 1-58112-724-3
- Immortality Institute for Infinite Lifespans
- Immortality Institute Wiki
- Immortality Institute Film, on Google Videos, free to watch
- The Alcor Life Extension Foundation
- The Cryonics Institute
- Why Do Transhumanists Want to Live Longer?
- Life Extension Foundation
- Strategies for Engineered Negligible Senescence (SENS)
- Mechanisms of Aging
- Why Life Extension or Why Live at All?