Giulio Prisco is an information technology and virtual reality consultant; as well as a writer, futurist, and transhumanist. Currently based in Madrid, Spain, he runs the consulting company Metafuturing and contributes to the science and technology online magazine Tendencias21. He writes and speaks on a wide range of topics, including science, information technology, emerging technologies, virtual worlds, space exploration and futurology.
Formerly a senior manager in the European Space Agency, Prisco is a physicist and computer scientist. He served as a member on the board of directors of World Transhumanist Association, of which he was temporarily executive director, and continues to serve as a member on the board of directors of the Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies  and of the Associazione Italiana Transumanisti. He is also a member of the advisory board of the Lifeboat Foundation and a founding member of the Order of Cosmic Engineers, a fledgling organization which claims that the benefits of a technological singularity, which would come from accelerating change, should or would be viable alternatives to the promises of major religious groups. Prisco has been repeatedly at odds with technocritic Dale Carrico on the question of whether or not transhumanism is a form of pseudoreligious technophilia.
- ↑ "Mi otra vida virtual, El Pais".
- ↑ "Mondes virtuels, Web de demain ?".
- ↑ "SECOND LIFE : PUBLICIDAD DE PÍXEL".
- ↑ "Metafuturing website".
- ↑ "The Ci'NUM Designers of Tomorrow".
- ↑ "Giulio Prisco's blog".
- ↑ "Tendencias21".
- ↑ "Future and You podcast, Feb 20th 2008".
- ↑ "Globalization and Open Source Nano Economy".
- ↑ "Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies bio page for Giulio Prisco".
- ↑ "Lifeboat Foundation's bio page for Giulio Prisco".
- ↑ "Order of Cosmic Engineers".
- ↑ "Give Me That New Transhumanist Religion".
- ↑ "Giulio Prisco To Present in Second Life Conference on the Future of Religion".
- ↑ "Amor Mundi: Giulio Prisco's Defense of Superlative Nonsense".