| [[Eliezer Yudkowsky at the 2006 Stanford Singularity Summit.|250px]]|
Eliezer Yudkowsky at the 2006 Stanford Singularity Summit.
Yudkowsky is a co-founder and research fellow of the Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence (SIAI). Yudkowsky is the author of the SIAI publications "Creating Friendly AI" (2001) and "Levels of Organization in General Intelligence" (2002). His most recent academic contributions include two chapters in Oxford philosopher Nick Bostrom's forthcoming edited volume Global Catastrophic Risks. Yudkowsky is an autodidact with no formal education in artificial intelligence.
Yudkowsky's research work focuses on Artificial Intelligence designs which enable self-understanding, self-modification, and recursive self-improvement (seed AI); and also on artificial-intelligence architectures for stably benevolent motivational structures (Friendly AI). Apart from his research work, Yudkowsky is notable for his explanations of technical subjects in non-academic language, particularly on rationality, such as "An Intuitive Explanation of Bayesian Reasoning". He advocates the moral philosophy of Singularitarianism.
- The Singularity Is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology by Ray Kurzweil, 2005, pp. 409, 420, & 489.
- Our Molecular Future: How Nanotechnology, Robotics, Genetics and Artificial Intelligence Will Transform Our World by Douglas Mulhall, 2002, p. 321.
- The Spike: How Our Lives Are Being Transformed By Rapidly Advancing Technologies by Damien Broderick, 2001, pp. 236, 265-272, 289, 321, 324, 326, 337-339, 345, 353, 370.
- Making HAL Your Pal by Declan McCullagh, WIRED, April 19, 2001.
- The 'Singularity' of the nerds: Fringe group of computer programmers push toward a superhuman artificial intelligence by Danielle Egan, San Francisco Chronicle, January 11, 2004.
- Techies Ponder Computers Smarter Than Us by Marcus Wohlson, Associated Press Writer, September 09, 2007.
- Death special: The plan for eternal life, by Danielle Egan, New Scientist, October 13, 2007.
- Smarter than thou? Stanford conference ponders a brave new world with machines more powerful than their creators by Tom Abate, The San Francisco Chronicle, May 12, 2006.
- Google Is God: Imagining the Google future, here's scenario 4 (circa 2105): Human consciousness gets stored, upgraded, and networked by Chris Taylor, CNN, January 25, 2006.
- Futurists warn of a dark side to technological advances, The Canadian Press, Business Edge, September 21, 2007.
- Personal web site
- Biography page at KurzweilAI.net
- Biography page at the Singularity Institute
- Downloadable papers and bibliography
- Overcoming Bias, a blog to which Yudkowsky contributes.
- Predicting The Future :: Eliezer Yudkowsky, NYTA Keynote Address - Feb 2003
- Video discussions Yudkowsky has been involved in on Bloggingheads.tv
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||American Artificial Intelligence researcher|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1979|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||California, United States|
|DATE OF DEATH|
|PLACE OF DEATH|